2014 Midwest Annual General Meeting / ConferenceWritten by Jeremiah Johnson
The Annual General Meeting of the Midwest Rugby Union will be held at the Courtyard Marriot-Midway, in Chicago, IL, and in conjunction with a conference/workshop to discuss a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- USA Rugby's Geographical Union restructure
- The role of the Midwest in the Collegiate game
- Senior Competitions restructure - what worked/what didn't?
- Midwest Sevens Series - possible rework
- Player-based dues
- Centralized Discipline reporting
- Midwest Referees Society role
The conference will start at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, January 31st, and will continue at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 1st. The business portion of the AGM will be held on the afternoon/evening on Saturday, February 1st.
As always, Midwest AGMs are open to individual clubs. For the conference portion of the weekend, attendance of individual clubs is encouraged. If there are changes that need to be made, this will be a good place for discussion about them.
Meeting agenda HERE